Send a sweet treat on Valentine’s Day!!
This year HYP will continue its tradition of baking and selling heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies (6” by 6”) with personalized frosting decorations. Each cookie is $3.00. An acceptable phrase up to three words can be put on each cookie. This is an inexpensive way to tell someone they are special! Order forms will be distributed during orchestra class. Students need to sell 10 cookies to receive credit towards their merit. Order forms and money need to be turned in no later than Thursday, February 7th. We can bake only 1,200 cookies and orders are collected first come, first serve. So it is recommended to turn in orders before February 7th, if possible.
Place your order with an HYP student. Cookie sales will run January 25th-February 7th (absolute last day). Students will take orders for cookies and collect money when the order is placed. Orders may be placed for friends at either high school. The receiver will be given a notice at school to pick up their cookie on Valentine’s Day. Home orders can also be taken for family and friends. All home orders must be picked up after 6pm at North high school in the Home Ec kitchens on February 13th. HYP students must submit payment (cash or check payable to Hoosier Youth Philharmonic) and order forms at school on the following dates:
- South and North Maroon orchestra class – Tuesday, February 5th
- North Gold orchestra class – Wednesday, February 6th
- All remaining orders – Friday, February 8th, in the South HS orchestra room, between 6:00-6:45PM
Cookie Baking – Student and Parent Volunteers Needed
Students can work a 2-hour shift on Wednesday, February 13th to help bake and decorate cookies. Shifts begin at 3:30 pm in the North high school Home Ec kitchens. Student sign up sheets will be posted in the classrooms. Parents can also volunteer to work a 2-hour shift on February 13th. Parents can help supervise a small group of students baking, decorating, or boxing cookies in the Home Ec kitchen; or can work in the box room folding, sorting and tying boxes. Parents will sign up for shifts via SignUp Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4ba8ad2da13-valentine. Please coordinate with your child if you would like to work the same shift. The parent SignUp link will be sent out a few days after the student sign-ups are sent out. For additional information please contact cookie bake chairs Jen Buehler and Sarah Waite. Thank you!
Cookie Pick Up
- All home orders (cookies not to be delivered to students at North or South) must be picked up Wednesday February 13th at North High school in the Home Ec. room, 6-9:30PM. Please enter the building at door N7.
- All other cookies will be picked up on Valentine’s Day at both high schools: North at the end of the day, and South during lunch.
- North cookie recipients will receive a notification during 8th period that they have a cookie to be picked up at the end of the day. South cookie recipients will receive a notification during 1st period that they have a cookie to be picked up at lunch.