Tips for ISSMA State (revised from HYP Booster President announcement)
– String solo and ensemble take place throughout the day on Saturday, February 26, 2022. Performance times and rooms will be distributed to students at school.
– All of the string events take place in Northview Middle School, which is on the north side of Indianapolis, at 8401 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46240. It’s about 1.5 hours from Bloomington.
– Traffic is heavy and parking is difficult, so plan to get there extra early.
– All warmups take place in the gym.
– The area has a lot of restaurants nearby.
We are excited to announce that the Hoosier Youth Philharmonic will be competing in the Music In The Parks Festival at Kentucky Kingdom
on Saturday, May 21st
Important Dates to Remember:
- February 9 Commitment form and parent consent form with parent signature and $20 due. Payment may be cash or check made out to HYP. Students give forms and payment to Ms. E during Orchestra.
- February 23rd Final payment of $50 due to Ms. E during Orchestra.
We will leave early on May 21st and return to Bloomington that night.
This year students are not required to have earned merits in order to participate in the spring trip.
The HYP boosters have generously offered to pay for Go Express coach buses, so the student cost is quite low.
Parents who wish to drive down and see the performance are welcomed! You may also wish to make plans to go to Kentucky Kingdom.
We are hoping all HYP students can perform and enjoy a day in the park with us!
After two years with no trip, we are overjoyed to share this memorable experience with our wonderful students!
We are thrilled to share that the Hoosier Youth Philharmonic will make it’s first appearance at Switchyard Park for our annual Fall Concert. Bring a picnic and blanket or lawn chair to enjoy beautiful music in this lovely outdoor venue, located on Bloomington’s south side.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 7pm (students arrive 6:30pm)
Location: 1601 S Rogers St, Bloomington, IN 47403
Rain date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 7pm (students arrive 6:30pm)
*HYP musicians will need to supply their own music stand, chair, and fasteners for their sheet music such as clothes pins.